Chic Pool Parties: It’s a Thing
Pool parties are a summer staple. If you own a pool, suddenly you’re the most popular person in the group (second only to the boat guy). And for good reason! Pool parties are relaxed, easy to host, and often mean you can spend all day lounging while also getting some friendship time in. However, not all pool parties are created equal. If you’ve been missing late-night rooftops, fancy drinks, and swanky atmosphere, we have a party-planning kit just for you. Read on to find out how to host a Chic Pool Party.
Elevated Pool Party Snacks
We’re starting with the most important feature of any party: the snack table. Don’t fool yourself into thinking this isn’t important - a few easy recipes will take your chic pool party from meh to wow.
Since we’re going for a chic vibe, save the burgers for another time and try these fancy (but easy!) ideas:
- Vegan snack board - if you just want to pick one, we think the balsamic mushroom and olive pâté sounds very chic.
- These fancy Chez Penisse Almonds are way easier than they sound.
- Bruschetta (pretty obsessed with this Bloody Mary Bruschetta)
- Melon balls, plus a side of prosciutto. Let’s get a little retro-chic, shall we?
- This 7-layer Greek Dip has the same satisfaction levels as a bean dip, just more rare.
Unexpected Pool Party Drinks
While BYOB is a common sentiment for pool parties (we’re hanging around all day, after all) one or two signature beverages make a delightful surprise at any chic pool party. Let these inspire:
- Rosemary Greyhound - this vodka-based beverage gets a surprising twist with some rosemary simple syrup.
- Watermelon Mint Mocktail - watermelon and mint are a classic combo for a reason. If any of your guests want to make this into a cocktail, you could add a splash of white rum.
- Raspberry-Rose Sangria - ah, Sangria, you comfortable punch bowl classic. And this one is pink - too chic!
- Gimlets - if you went with the melon balls for your snack option, we suggest you pair them with gimlets for the ultimate retro vibe.
- Sparkling Peach-Thyme Mocktail - this combo is as surprising as it is delicious.
Chic Pool Party Accessories
And finally, we get to those party-making final touches. The chef’s kiss, if you will, of any party - little gadgets, gizmos, and accessories that make your guests wonder how long you spent planning.
- Giant Clear Balloons - These look ultra-chic floating around in the pool, and pair perfectly with our next option.
- Clear Pool Rings - Let’s go ahead and upgrade from that Spring Break ‘15 donut float.
- Globe String Lights - if your party extends after the sun goes down, these are a perfect touch to string up around your pool fence.
- Scalloped Eco Plates - begone styrofoam plates, enter: eco-friendly, mermaid-inspired dining.
- Silicone Drink Glasses - We all know glass is a no-no near the pool. Check out these silicone drinking cups for all cocktail and mocktail needs.
There you have it - a few tips and tricks for throwing a pool party that is just a little bit fancy. If you have any other tips we'd love to hear them!