Summer engagement shoots are more fun!
Engagement photos – love them or not, they’re here to stay! If you’re recently engaged, congratulations! Summer is a great time to have your engagement photos taken as the warmer weather means you can get out there and show your personality as a couple. Whether it be by the beach, the lake, up in the mountains or even in your own backyard, natural summer light is your friend when it comes to taking adorable engagement photos.
Read on for our 4 tips to help make your engagement shoot amazing.
1. Make props your friend
You will want to take a number of different shots, from serious and romantic to fun and playful. Of course, not all of us are natural models. Sometimes, a fun prop can help you break the tension and get the natural shots you want. To help you plan, we compiled a few amazing props you can use in an outdoor summer engagement photo shoot this summer.
2. Location, location
On the beach, try a dreamy engagement shot by placing an ampersand sign in the foreground. Wear a floaty dress and go barefoot. For couples who love the water, jump into a couple of heart shaped pool floats. Match white swimwear with a red lip and nails for an amazing pop of color. More the mountain type? Matching enamel mugs by the campfire make for a cosy engagement shoot idea with a subtle ring flash.
3. Involve the whole family
Do you have a dog or cat? Keep your furry friend involved with a special sign that will look adorable in your photos. Sure, engagement photos might feel a little silly – that's the idea! A clever prop will help your playful side come through so that you relax and enjoy yourselves. It’s an exciting time for you both and you will love looking back on these shots in the years to come.
4. One final tip
Whatever your couple style, there is an engagement shoot idea out there that will be perfectly ‘you’. One final tip – shoot in ‘golden hour’ just after sunset. The golden glow is so romantic and makes everyone look amazing!
Below are 14 inexpensive ideas for summer engagement photo shoot props.
1. Huge 20" Metal Ampersand Wall Décor Letter
2. Photo Prop Wedding Pet Dog Bone Wood Ornament Engagement Décor
3. Marble Creek Ceramic Campfire Mug
4. Pixnor Wooden Wedding Signs She Said Yes Sign Accessories Photo Props Kits
5. Engaged Banner Wedding Party Bunting Garland Vintage Engagement Decoration
6. Loteli Heart Pool Float: Large Red Emoji Floats for Adults, Pool Party, Bachelorette
7. MAC Retro Matte Lipstick - Ruby Woo
8. Engagement photo prop dog sign - my humans are getting married
9. Aqua Ba-Bling Swim Ring Inflatable Diamond
10. Engagement Coffee Mug Set
11. Ganz 6 Piece Wooden Block Wedding Day Countdown Calendar
12. Big Dot of Happiness Engagement Announcement - Photo Prop Kit - 10 Count
13. Engagement Ring Jewelry Dish | Small Gold Ceramic Trinket Tray Wedding Gift
14. Save The Date Banner - Photo Booth & Engagement Picture Props - Bridal & Wedding Shower Decoration